Across is recruiting for a PCV Jumbulance Driver to join its team at their Head office – Stansted Airport Business Park.
They are looking for experienced drivers looking for a role with more to sitting and driving. They’re looking for drivers to transfer our sick, disabled and terminally ill travellers to Lourdes in the South of France and on trips. The Jumbulance is no ordinary vehicle, only having the capacity for 25 on board, this role includes getting our travellers on board and requires customer interaction. Decision making is key and we are looking for safe and conscientious drivers who can also deliver a fantastic customer experience.
This role will be integral to the growth and development of our work and in supporting our travellers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to help others and make a difference in the not-for-profit sector.
- To transfer our travellers to Lourdes on a weekly basis during the season (April-October)
- Loading and unloading luggage and travellers
- To take ownership of the Jumbulance and ensure it is compliant with VOSA legislation
- To take ownership for the health and safety of the Jumbulance, ensuring it is cleaned to the highest of standards
- To be passionate about giving excellent customer service and love working with the sick, disabled and terminally ill
- To ensure supplies are ordered and loaded
- To work as a team
- Work with the Transport manager on schedules if needed
- Completing compliance documents
- Develop and maintain good internal relationships
Note: This role description is not intended to be exhaustive in every respect but rather to clearly define the fundamental purpose, responsibilities and dimension of the role.
- PCV or PSV Licence
- Full clean Driving Licence
- CPC (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence)
- Minimum age: 21 years
- PCV licence held: 2 years minimum
- Passed fit for a PCV medical
- Must have driver CPC card
- Must have driver tachograph card
- Understanding and appreciation of the Catholic faith
- Good understanding of the charity sector
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
Applications are requested in writing via email and should include a CV which details your relevant experience in accordance with the above specification and requirements.
Please include a cover letter with your application and send to Lisa O’Connor, Office Manager at email@example.com. All applications will be treated in confidence.
We will review applications and select candidates for interview based on those who best fit the criteria outlined above. Interviews will take place over two days with an interview on the first occasion and driver assessment for successful candidates.
If you have any queries regarding the specification, requirements, the commitment or any of the accompanying information ahead of submitting your application, please feel free to contact Lisa O’Connor on the above email address.
- 20 days leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension – auto enrolment (currently 3% employee contribution, 5% employer contribution)
Part-time / Full-time Permanent & Seasonal / Ad Hoc
We are looking for candidates who are prepared to work a variety of different patterns which will include weekends and nights away travelling in Europe.
Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org