Arriva is recruiting for a Network Manager to join its team in Thurmaston & Maidstone.
To be the best bus business, Arriva need the best team in place and with this, our commercial team is ready to welcome in more team members to help form and support our networks.
Arriva Uk Bus are looking for two enthusiastic and experienced Network Managers to join their team in Thurmaston & Maidstone.
The purpose of the role will be to create and maintain an efficient, cost effective and reliable network to satisfy the requirements of internal and external customers, seeking to continuously improve the profitability of all markets.
- Support the Area Head of Commercial in creating and maintaining customer focused, cost effective and reliable networks to satisfy the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
- To sustainably secure commercial growth opportunities within the markets in line with the vision and aims of Arriva
- Responsible for regular short and long term reviews of all available network performance data to maximize contribution
- Ensure that all change utilize punctuality date to create a reliable service for our customers
- Ensure effective implementation of all network changes in line with agreed processes
- Design timetables and bus workings to support network changes, complying with relevant legislation and local agreements
- Ensuring scheduler outputs (including registrations and electronic data exports) accurately reflect proposed changes
- Provide clear and unambiguous written and verbal communications and consultation on network changes to a wide range of stakeholders; including but not limited to marketing, trade union, operations and finance
- Support the Area Head of Commercial in consulting with Local Authorities on all changes including taking the lead on commercial mobilization
- Represent the local business with external stakeholders and events to promote the commercial growth of Arriva
- Support the development of tenders and contracts
- Support the Area Head of Commercial in identifying and securing new, and maintaining existing, tender and contract opportunities; providing timetable, planning and business case support
- Ensure all documentation and processes linked to existing contracts are accurately maintained in the tender database to support the Commercial Shared Service team in invoicing, reporting and producing Local Authority returns
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of transport / logistics planning
- Experience of planning vehicle and driver resources (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues verbally and in writing
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of drivers of profitability
To apply visit www.arrivabusjobs.co.uk