Brighton & Hove Bus is recruiting for an Assistant Operations Manager to join its team.
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company and Metrobus – two industry leading, award winning brands, are seeking an experienced Assistant Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and have responsibility for the daily operations of the depots performance, including managing staff, whilst delivering high quality commercial and contracted bus services. You will be experienced, enthusiastic, flexible and committed, whilst being able to coach and motivate your staff to achieve excellent performance within agreed budgets.
This position attracts a competitive salary in line with the successful candidate’s experience, along with a range of further benefits.
- Liaising with the engineering department and local authorities to ensure that adequate resources are supplied for the correct and timely services to our customers
- Efficient utilisation of staff, ensuring all staff actions are within the required manner expected by Brighton & Hove
- Local trade union discussion and negotiations
- Assist and support where required the supervisors with the successful daily management of the depot, to achieve the expected targets set out in the annual budget and KPI’s where possible
- Compliance with all employment and PCV legislation
- Handling staff disciplines and grievances
- Working closely with both the Engineering and Commercial teams
- Some financial performance of the depot
- Coaching and developing staff to ensure on-going personal development
Please apply online to Ryan Tanner, Operations Manager including a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position outlining relevant examples of your skills and experience along with your current CV, via the link https://careers-buses.icims.com/
The closing date for applications is 10 December 2021
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd is committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We promote a culture where you are at liberty to express yourself without judgement, feel respected and be proud of who you are.
We are also a Disability Confident organisation and aim to ensure our workforce is representative of the diverse society we serve. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for our roles and we will make reasonable adjustments and adaptions to our recruitment process to ensure it is inclusive for anyone who wishes to apply. We offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We process data in accordance with Data Protection Laws. All applicants should ensure that they read the information contained within our Recruitment Privacy Notice, available on our website (www.buses.co.uk/recruitment-privacy-policy)