Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company and Metrobus is recruiting for an Operations Manager to join its team.
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company and Metrobus – two industry leading, award winning brands, are seeking an experienced Operations Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the full operations functions of depot performance, including managing up to 400 staff whilst delivering high quality commercial and contracted bus services and supporting the Head of Operations with statistical data to inform our overall Operations strategy. In addition, your responsibilities will also include:
• Efficient utilisation of staff
• Local trade union discussion and negotiations
• Compliance with all employment and PCV legislation
• All aspects of people management including managing absences, performance, disciplinary and grievances
• Working closely with both the Engineering and Commercial teams
• Financial performance of the depot
Skills, qualifications and experience required
You will be enthusiastic, flexible and committed, whilst being able to coach and motivate your staff to achieve excellent performance within agreed budgets.
• You will need to demonstrate proven experience in successfully managing at a similar level for at least 2 years
• Strong interpersonal skills, time management and prioritisation skills
• Experience of controlling and managing budgets
• Good working knowledge of commonly used computer software and experience of extracting data, identifying trends, and creating reports for analysis
• Ability to work towards targets and manage KPIs
• A PCV licence with entitlement to drive in the UK
• Prior experience of using DAS, Arepo and PowerBI
This position attracts a competitive salary in line with the successful candidate’s experience, along with a range of further benefits.
Please apply by filling out the form below or in writing, including a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position outlining relevant examples of your skills and experience along with your current CV, to Adrian Tullett, Head of Operations by email to Adrian.email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 29th October 2021
Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd is committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We promote a culture where you are at liberty to express yourself without judgement, feel respected and be proud of who you are.
We are also a Disability Confident organisation and aim to ensure our workforce is representative of the diverse society we serve. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for our roles and we will make reasonable adjustments and adaptions to our recruitment process to ensure it is inclusive for anyone who wishes to apply. We offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We process data in accordance with Data Protection Laws. All applicants should ensure that they read the information contained within our Recruitment Privacy Notice, available on our website (www.buses.co.uk/recruitment-privacy-policy)