Coach Services Ltd is recruiting for a PSV Workshop Manager
Coach Services Ltd is a family run bus and coach operator based in Thetford Norfolk and have been operating for over 6 decades. We take pride in the quality and presentation of our fleet and we are looking for the right person to lead and take the workshop team forward.
What Is Coach Services Ltd Looking For?
To apply you will need previous management/supervisory experience within bus/coach engineering or heavy vehicle commercial industries as well as strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to improve and maintain performance.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in both technical and people management skills, within a commercial vehicle or workshop operation.
An in-depth knowledge of the standards set by DVSA. A strong understanding of current Health & Safety legislation is essential. You should also have excellent budgetary skills.
What’s in It for You?
When you join Coach Services Ltd, you’ll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Flexible Hours Mon to Fri & rostered half day Sat 1hr unpaid lunch 40hrs per week
• A competitive salary of between 40 to 45k per annum plus additional benefits, dependent on experience and agreed through the interview process.
• Free travel for you and your partner on our own buses
Responsibilities and Duties will include*:
• Managing a team of mechanics
• Maintaining a high MOT and DVSA roadside check pass rate
• Maintaining an effective and safe breakdown policy and procedure
• Monitoring compliance with all statutory regulations
• Ensuring the workshop team carry out quality safety inspections, services and repairs on all vehicles
• Ordering parts, spares and equipment and liaising with suppliers
• Assessing workshop productivity and ensuring tasks are being carried out effectively
• Keeping up to date records on vehicles, including inspection records, defect notes and other related documentation.
• Ensure legislative requirements, Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Work are adhered
• Develop and lead the workshop team and ensure, training and succession plans are in place and performance is managed.
• Responsible for the recruitment of Workshop team members
• Ensure workshop systems/procedures and reports are maintained
• To deal with any disciplinary/grievance matters
• To provide information on daily/weekly operational status
• To ensure the timely investigation and resolution of operational and Health and Safety issues
• Setting targets and measuring performance
• Contribute towards the continuous improvement of processes, procedures and operating practices
• Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation and function of the workshop
*Full Job Description available upon request
To be considered for this rare opportunity, complete the form below, or send your CV to Rick Martin, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org below by 31 May 2021. To discuss this opportunity informally first please contact Rick by email or phone on 01842 821509.