National Express is recruiting for an engineer to work at its Yeomans Way, Bournemouth depot.
Salary: £40,425 per annum.
We have an exciting opportunity for PCV/HGV mechanics to join the National Express Transport Solutions engineering team at our Bournemouth depot, as well carrying out routine maintenance on our extensive range of vehicles you will be involved in every aspect of PCV repair. The Bournemouth site offers a fantastic, safe environment for you to thrive and grow as we build the business for the future.
Join our team today as we have fantastic opportunities for PCV or HGV fitters/technicians/mechanics, based in Yeomans Way, Bournemouth.
This role will be working on a 4 on 4 off rota of 0500 to 1730 hrs including breaks.
What you’ll do…
- Diagnose defects and effect repairs to every aspect of our fleet of modern coaches.
- Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage.
- Repair vehicles to standards that exceed DVSA minimum requirements.
- Prepare and present vehicles for Annual DVSA test
- Service vehicles in accordance with manufacturers requirements
- Ensure all repairs and servicing are correctly documented as required by Company and DVSA standards.
What you will need…
As a successful candidate, you will ideally have experience as a PCV or HGV fitter/technician/mechanic and be able to evidence a NVQ/City & Guilds or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair, however extensive industry experience and proven competence can be considered.
We offer a wide range of benefits such as…
- “Golden Hello” scheme where you will receive a £1,000 bonus after 6 months of working with us
- One off Tool Allowance of £250
- Potential for overtime
- Free National Express Coach travel for yourself
- Complimentary coach travel for a nominated person or complimentary coach travel for a Spouse or Partner
- 50% discount for friends and family on full fares on our coach services
- Clear and achievable career progression
- Company pension
- Private online GP service
- Life assurance
- Variety of retail deals and discounts including days out, cinema and mobile
- Employee Assistance Programme
National Express is proud to be a Disability Committed organisation. We therefore welcome applications from disabled candidates. Please let us know in your application if you have any accessibility needs.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of applications before the advertised closed date.
Things to Note…
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
To apply for this position please click here.