National Express is recruiting for an engineer to work out of its Broadcut, Fareham depot.
Salary: £40,425 per annum.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join our team at Lucketts Travel, Fareham. The varied role of an Engineer within National Express Transport Solutions, means that as well as completing traditional mechanic based activities, you’ll also be able to apply your expertise in a whole host of different areas on our vehicles…not just engines.
Join our team today as we have fantastic opportunities for PCV or HGV fitters/technicians/mechanics, based in Fareham.
This role will be working on a rota basis and shifts will be between 0500 and 2200.
What you’ll do…
- Diagnose defects and effect repairs to engine, gearbox, chassis, axles, steering and brakes.
- Fault diagnose, using specialist equipment relevant to vehicles in your garage.
- Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards
- Prepare vehicles for Annual test (MOT)
- Service vehicles in accordance with Company and vehicle manufacturing specifications and to Company and Statutory standards
- Repair defects and identify with vehicle types relevant to your garage or place of work
- Maintain documentation as per documented quality procedures
What you will need…
As a successful candidate, you will ideally have experience as a PCV or HGV fitter/technician/mechanic and be able to evidence a NVQ/City & Guilds or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
We offer a wide range of benefits such as…
- “Golden Hello” scheme where you will receive a £1,000 bonus after 6 months of working with us
- One off Tool Allowance of £250
- Overtime and On Call rates available
- Free Bus & Coach travel for yourself
- Complimentary coach travel for a Nominated Person or complimentary bus travel for a Spouse or Partner
- 50% discount for friends and family on full fares on our coach services
- Clear and achievable career progression
- Company pension
- Private online GP service
- Life assurance
- Variety of retail deals and discounts including days out, cinema and mobile
- Employee Assistance Programme
National Express is proud to be a Disability Committed organisation. We therefore welcome applications from disabled candidates. Please let us know in your application if you have any accessibility needs.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high volume of applications before the advertised closed date.
Things to Note…
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
To apply for this position please click here.