National Express are looking to recruit for the position of Mobile Charge Hand based at its operation in Luton.
We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Charge Hand to be based at our Luton site. In this role you will proactively keep the fleet of vehicles maintained to National Express standard, organise the team and keep the garage legal with health and safety being a key part of the role
What you’ll do…
- Maintain vehicles to comply with National Express standards and ensure that all records are maintained correctly
- Organise fuelling, cleaning etc for all the fleet daily
- Repair vehicles to Company and Statutory standards
- All necessary checking, testing, MOT, Loler, and tax are all kept up to date
- Keep all fleet on the road
- Plan and supervise daily activities
- Maintain the highest possible standards regarding health and safety and fire safety
- Keep control of stock levels
- Ensure all documents are completed and maintained to National Express’ quality procedures and standards
- Travel around the South East fleet to repair and maintain vehicles depending on the most urgent need
What you’ll need…
- Vehicle engineering experience required
- Previous and proven coach engineering experience would be beneficial
- Numerate & literate
- A proactive ‘want to help’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent people and communication skills with the ability to deal with people effectively and with ease.
- Experience within the bus/coach industry desirable but not essential
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment…
- Free Bus & Coach travel for yourself
- Complimentary coach travel for a Nominated Person or complimentary bus travel for a Spouse or Partner
- 50% discount for friends and family on full fares on our coach services
- Company pension
- Paid annual leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business!
National Express is proud to be a Disability Committed organisation. We therefore welcome applications from disabled candidates. Please let us know in your application if you have any accessibility needs.
Things to Note…
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
To apply for this position please click here.