National Express West Midlands is recruiting for a Engineering Technician to join its team at their Acocks Green Garage.
They have fantastic opportunities within our Engineering team, for multiskilled engineers who have a real passion to develop and apply their skills.
Whether you are at the beginning of your career and looking for a great development pathway or are an experienced Technician looking for a new challenge, National Express Engineering offers an excellent opportunity for you.
By joining our Technician team, you will have the opportunity to work across a variety of vehicle types, including electric and hydrogen vehicles, using cutting edge diagnostics technology.
They are also in the process of introducing a world-class digital workshop system that will provide the team with more data and insight about our vehicles, maintenance and inventory status. You will be part of our inclusive team who work behind the scenes to deliver our vehicles reliably and safely to our customers – helping keep our local communities connected.
What you will need:
- IMI Level 3 Bus and Coach Engineering & Maintenance or Equivalent (including Heavy Vehicles).
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience of working in a vehicle maintenance environment.
- A Full CAT D PCV licence or willingness to work towards.
- A passion for continuous improvement and personal development.
What we offer:
- £16.50-£22.50 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications
- Guaranteed 42 hrs per week including paid breaks with overtime available
- A company pension
- Life Assurance
- 25 days paid annual leave (pro rata depending on shift patterns)
- Company Sick Pay after 1 years service
- Opportunities for career progression
- A free National Express West Midlands bus pass for you and your partner
- Free nationwide National Express coach travel for you and 50% discount for friends and family
- Exclusive benefits and savings from thousands of the UK’s largest retailers and service providers
- Access to our award-winning Health Bus; providing free and accessible health checks
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes free counselling and further support to aid your health and wellbeing
- An opportunity to take part in our Cycle2Work scheme
- A warm invite to join the National Express Sports and Social Club
They are passionate about supporting and developing our Engineering team, and providing opportunities for career progression. Our comprehensive training and development framework includes:
- IMI Level 4 Diagnosis, Testing & Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles & Components
- IRTEC SMT, Inspection, Advanced & Master Qualifications
- Specialised Diagnostics Qualifications
- PCV Licence Acquisition
- OEM Specific Qualifications
To apply click here
Apply online by 31st August 2022