London Hire – Head of Fleet Services / Fleet Manager – Erith / Dartford
London Hire is the UK market leader in the provision of wheelchair accessible minibuses and other specialist vehicles to local authorities, charities and private operators throughout London and across the UK.
Established for more than 30 years the Group have doubled revenues over the past 4 years and have recently relocated our Head Office and London depot to a new site in Erith.
With further planned expansion the Group are now looking to recruit a new Head of Fleet Services. With a fleet of over 1250 specialist vehicles, this is a key appointment for the Group.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude with a real appetite to challenge existing systems and processes where efficiency improvements can be delivered without compromising our ‘Customer First’ approach.
Based in Erith, Kent the successful applicant will have a broad remit as part of the senior management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for a team of 28 staff, including maintenance administration and workshop staff
- Management of fleet maintenance for approximately 850 minibuses and 400 LCV – we have a network of service providers across the UK that need to comply with tight SLA.
- Ensuring vehicle downtime is kept to a minimum and in line with target
- Managing cost element of maintenance & suppliers
- Control of ancillary fleet equipment (ramps & workshop equipment)
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting is provided to customers and the senior management team
- Jaama Key 2 Fleet Management systems employed.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with good time management skills and strong problem solving skills. They will have good mechanical knowledge & an appreciation of the key aspects of handling maintenance & breakdowns cost effectively. A very strong customer service ethic will balance the company agreed service criteria to external clients alongside a flexible approach to ensure that the team are also fully engaged.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package is available for the right person for this key role.
Please submit your CV directly to Nigel Farr, Managing Director at [email protected]
London Hire are always looking for bright enthusiastic individuals to be part of their growth story so please do not hesitate to submit your CV for consideration.