First Wyvern is celebrating the centenary of Midland Red service 144 which linked Birmingham with Worcester and Great Malvern.
Two of its buses based at Worcester garage have been painted in historic Midland Red liveries.
A Dennis Trident carries the red/cream livery that once adorned Midland Red’s REDD and FEDD vehicles and is complete with gold lining on the panels. An ADL Enviro300 carries the last pre-National Bus Company version of the Midland Red livery.
The 144 service from Birmingham to Great Malvern was introduced in August 1914, but was then numbered 25 and later 125 and was extended to Malvern Wells two years later.
The 144 service number was used from 1928. At its height buses would run every 15 minutes on Saturdays, and at holiday times several duplicate journeys were operated.
Today First Wyvern still operates the 144 but it only runs between Birmingham and Worcester, with the 44/44C linking Worcester and Great Malvern.