Nottingham City Transport (NCT) is staging a Heritage Day on Monday 4 July from 1000-1600hrs in Nottingham’s Old Market Square. The day is to mark the 90th anniversary of South Notts, and 50 years since the last trolleybus operated in Nottingham.
Exhibits will include:
- The last double-deck South Notts bought as a family business (a G-registered Olympian), restored by Nottingham Heritage Vehicles and into South Notts livery
- A West Bridgford Urban District Transport double-deck
- The first Leyland Atlantean for Nottingham City Transport
- Star of the show will be Nottingham trolleybus 506, visiting from Sandtoft Trolleybus Museum, which worked the last journey in 1966
- It is also unveiling a modern NCT bus in a 1966 trolleybus livery.