Set out within this document are terms and conditions applicable to all active ‘Trader’ products currently sold by Diversified Business Communications UK Ltd (DC)
1. Membership of Trader Instant, Trader3, Trader +, Trader Gold and Trader Platinum are limited to one membership per operating company.
2. Only vehicles may be advertised; no spares or other items will be permitted.
3. Trader membership is not limited to specific vehicles, replacement vehicles may be supplied at any time prior to deadline (see point 8 for deadline information).
4. Annual memberships consisting of Trader +, Trader Gold and Trader Platinum start from date of payment and last for twelve months.
5. Trader Instant packages will be processed to appear in print and online for four consecutive weeks.
6. Trader3 adverts will be placed for two weeks in print and appear online for four consecutive weeks – this package is live for 13 consecutive weeks.
7. Trader +, Trader Gold and Trader Platinum adverts will be placed for two consecutive weeks in print and appear online for four consecutive weeks.
8. Members must call 01733 405 740 or email [email protected] to rebook adverts by 16.00pm on the Monday prior to publication for the following two issues. Following a Monday Bank holiday, deadlines shift by 24 hours to 16:00pm Tuesday.
9. Responsibility for rebooking adverts will be on the ‘Trader’ member. (See above point 8)
10. Operators with an active annual Trader membership are entitled to 50% discount off the rate card prices for recruitment advertising and general classified advertising within routeone, there are no limitations on frequency. This discount may be used in conjunction with other offers and trader benefits.
11. Annual Trader memberships include a host of driver benefits in association with the Coach Drivers’ Club (CDC) – for full details of CDC membership benefits please contact [email protected].com or call 01733 405738.
12. Operators based outside the United Kingdom must pay an additional membership fee of £139 to cover additional postage costs.
13. Trader Instant packages are restricted to one image with 220 descriptive characters plus contact details, year of vehicle, vehicle type and price.
14. Trader3 packages are restricted to one image with 220 descriptive characters plus contact details, year of vehicle, vehicle type and price.
15. Trader + and Trader Gold packages are restricted to one image with 220 descriptive characters plus contact details, year of vehicle, vehicle type and price.
16. Trader Platinum packages are restricted to two images, plus 220 descriptive characters plus contact details, year of vehicle, vehicle type and price.
17. Adverts supplied over the allocated 220 descriptive character limit will be edited.
18. Trader Instant allows each member 1 x picture advert to appear in print and online, additional space is not permitted.
19. Trader3 allows each member 1 x picture advert to appear in print and online, additional space is not permitted.
20. Trader+ allows each member 2 x picture adverts to appear in print and online plus 2 additional adverts online only, additional space is not permitted.
21. Trader Gold allows each member 4 x picture adverts to appear in print and online, additional space is not permitted.
22. Trader Platinum allows each member 4 x two picture adverts to appear in print and online, additional space is not permitted.
23. Multiple adverts for the same vehicle are not permitted.
24. Trader +, Trader Gold and Trader Platinum members are able to access discounted legal services offered by Fieldfisher (“FF”).
25. Trader memberships as specified in point 24 must be valid prior to engaging FF’s services.
26. Trader memberships as specified in point 24 must be valid prior to any offence for which FF’s services may be required.
27. DC are a referrer to FF for fixed price legal services. DC will receive payment for each referral resulting in work being undertaken by FF.
28. FF are under no obligation to accept referrals as part of this agreement, each case will be considered on an individual basis.
29. FF is a third-party supplier to DC therefore all services offered by FF may be terminated at anytime, if services are withdrawn termination will be immediate.
Fixed Fee Packages for advice and representation to subscribers
(i) Contentious Road Transport Regulatory Matters
Fieldfisher are able to offer a number of fixed fee packages exclusively for trader members, which we outline below in the following tables.
Please note that fixed fee packages are not available for appeals to the Upper Tribunal (Transport) Chamber and should an operator wish to appeal a Traffic Commissioner decision, we shall provide them with a separate fee estimate for our services.
How to contact Fieldfisher to access Fixed Fee packages:
Email: [email protected]
D:+44 207 861 4772
D:+44 207 861 4570
All fixed fees exclude VAT and disbursements.
|Instruction||Operator Type||Fixed Fee|
A Preliminary Hearing may be called by the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (the “OTC“) in two primary circumstances:
On an operator’s application for operator licence(s) if the Traffic Commissioner is yet to be satisfied that they meet the requirements to hold a licence or if Traffic Commissioner has concerns;
If the Traffic Commissioner has some areas of concern with an existing operation and would like the operator to formally address them at a hearing.
If the Traffic Commissioner is not satisfied by the outcome of a PH, they shall call a Public Inquiry (see below).
|Small Operator defined as possessing between 1 – 15 vehicles||£3,500|
|Medium Sized Operator defined as possessing between 16 – 35 vehicles||£4,500|
|Large Operator defined as possessing over 35 vehicles||£7,500|
A Public Inquiry will be called by Traffic Commissioner when they have serious concerns about a Company’s operations.
The Traffic Commissioner has a number of powers available which they may use against the operator depending on the outcome of the Public Inquiry.
1. Issuing a warning;
2. Curtailing (reducing) the number of vehicles the company is allowed to operate;
3. Suspending the licence for a period of time;
4. Revoking the licence and / or disqualifying the company or any of its directors for a specific period or indefinitely from holding a licence.
|Small Operator defined as possessing between 1 – 15 vehicles||£4,500|
|Medium Sized Operator defined as possessing between 16- 35 vehicles||£7,500|
|Large Operator defined as possessing over 35 vehicles||£10,000|
(ii) Non-Contentious Road Transport Regulatory Matters
|Instruction||Operator Type||Fixed Fee|
|Legal Audit||Small Operator defined as possessing between 1 – 15 vehicles||£2,500|
|Medium Sized Operator defined as possessing between 16 – 35 vehicles||£4,000|
|Large Operator defined as possessing over 35 vehicles||£5,500|
Fieldfisher reserve the right to invoice the R1 operator outside of the fixed fee parameter in the following cases:
- Further work is required because either (a) there are numerous complex issues in any particular case; (b) there are serious issues which necessitate the involvement of more senior lawyers from the outset; or (c) further work is required other than the workstreams referred to above which was not anticipated at the time of instruction.
- The operator requires protracted calls / meetings.
Exclusions applying to Contentious Matters
- The operator requires Fieldfisher to represent their Transport Manager, subject to conflicts.
- There are several witnesses in a Preliminary Hearing / Public Inquiry which will necessitate further work in taking statements / calling them to give evidence.
Exclusions applying to Audits
- The operator requires multiple site visits or a site visit exceeding half a day.
- The operator requires a detailed review of policies, procedures, systems and controls and / or a detailed report assessing these systems.