The Young Bus Managers Network (YBMN) will hold what it says will be its most varied conference yet on 18 and 19 October in Sheffield.
Nine organisations in coach and bus will be represented by speakers. Delegates will also gain the opportunity to visit First South Yorkshire’s Olive Grove depot in the city, one of the largest bus operating centres in the country.
The autumn conference will see addresses from:
- Thomas Ableman, Transport for London Director of Strategy and Innovation: He will deliver perspectives on travel and its future direction
- John Dowie, Executive Director of Infrastructure and Place for the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority. Previously employed by FirstGroup and the Department for Transport, Mr Dowie will discuss how work in South Yorkshire is linked to wider developments and infrastructure
- Bradley Fox, Zenobe Business Development Director: Mr Fox will outline current innovations in the shift to zero-emission and the work that Zenobe is doing on businesses cases for that transition while supporting long-term innovation and investment
- Ben Gilligan and Matt Kitchin, Managing Directors of East Yorkshire and Stagecoach Yorkshire respectively, and both former graduate management trainees. They will describe career highlights, lessons, current opportunities and challenges
- Andreas Schörling, FlixBus UK MD. He will describe the expanding company’s tech-first approach to travel and its future expansion plans.
In addition, delegates will see a Dragons’ Den group session where the ideas and visions of those in attendance are put to the test by three industry figures. Meanwhile, YBMN members Matt King of Arriva Midlands and Scott Cooper of Coatham Coaches will explore their experiences from two contrasting areas.
Speaking about the approaching conference, YBMN committee member and Transdev Blazefield Chief Executive Alex Hornby says: “The promises to be another ‘can’t miss’ event for any young bus manager keen to develop their knowledge, learn from industry experts and network with like-minded individuals.
“We rely on the support of our great industry to make these events a success and a rewarding occasion for those at the beginning of their careers – and we are confident that all who join us in Sheffield will be better future leaders for doing so.”
The conference will be held at The Quays Hotel. Places can be booked via the YBMN website.