Diversified Business Communications UK Ltd GDPR Policy Statement
Diversified Business Communications UK Ltd aims to always show transparency and fairness in the collection and use of data, and to let individuals know for what purpose their data will be used. We aim to:
- Make it clear to individuals who subscribe to our magazine, or register to our website or events, for what purpose the information is held and that they can unsubscribe at any point.
- We will only hold data for a given period. If we have had no transaction or activity with a contact on our database, it will be deleted after a maximum of 5 years. This applies to all data, including: customers, staff, job candidates and any other information we hold on individuals.
- Information held is confidential and will be used only for the purpose it is intended and for which permission has been granted. Third parties will only be provided with access to data if permission has been granted.
- We must be able to show where we obtained data from.
- All subscription and registration forms must explain that due to the rules, we need consent that our customers are happy to be contacted about directly relevant events, to be mailed a magazine, or to be contacted by email, post or phone. Individuals who register with us must be told that they can withdraw consent at any time.
- Where details have been submitted on a third party contact form, website users will be informed that they are giving consent for that third party supplier to contact them about their services. They may at any time contact the supplier to withdraw consent.
- You may update information that you previously submitted, or request to be removed from our mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals will at any time have the right to require information about the data being held and processed about themselves, and Diversified Business Communications UK Ltd must respond to such a request within 28 days.
- We will only collect or process data where we believe there is a legitimate interest.
- All staff are trained to understand their obligations
This policy is under regular review and may be adapted pending legislative changes.