Coach operator Elcock Reisen has clarified the position around its entry into administration, noting that while the business will close its doors on all operations on Friday 25 August, it will not formally be placed into administration until Wednesday 30 August.
The Shropshire operator previously said that it entered administration on Wednesday 23 August. In a surprise twist, that has since proved to be mistaken. A representative of the Bonded Coach Holidays (BCH) scheme noted a day later that the step had not yet been taken, after having been in contact with both the operator and the proposed administrator.
The shock initial announcement came in Elcock’s 95th year and led to a large amount of sympathy from industry peers. Director Nick Prince told routeone on 25 August that a planned sale of the business “was in the pipeline” but that it has not materialised.
Mr Prince adds: “The doors will close today on all operations, and the company actually enters administration on Wednesday of next week. I tried my very best to save what has been a fantastic business over many years, but I am afraid that the fight has now gone.”
The BCH representative notes that when Elcock Reisen enters administration, all creditors will be contacted by the administrator. Passengers with package bookings will be refunded via either the BCH scheme or a Section 75 credit card chargeback.
In making its original announcement on 23 August, the operator noted that all future bookings were cancelled and that it was in the process of contacting customers. It is understood that the final tours return to the Telford base on 25 August.