Operators and suppliers from across the bus industry have been recognised at the 28th Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transports (CILT) Awards for Excellence. They include Area Head of Commercial for Arriva Toby France, nominated as this year’s Rising Star.
An expert judging panel virtually deliberated on the entries received. Among the finalists were:
- Nottingham City Transport, for environmental improvement
- Blackpool Transport Services, for health, safety and wellbeing
- Kura, for passenger transport
- uTrack Software Solutions and First UK Bus, also for passenger transport
- DriveTech, for people development
- Toby France, Area Head of Commercial for Arriva, for this year’s Rising Star.
The winners will be announced at the Royal Lancaster Hotel on 17 March 2021, following postponement of the original awards date due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
CILT (UK) Chief Executive Kevin Richardson says: “At CILT, we know that many organisations and operators exemplify excellence throughout the sector, but do not receive the recognition they deserve.
“It is important to us that we deliver these awards and celebrate together, face-to-face, when it is safe to do so. We believe March’s awards will be the perfect chance for us to celebrate those individuals and services that have proved so valuable and so important to the nation during this unprecedented time.”