Alexander Dennis (ADL) has today (19 august) summarised the coronavirus COVID-19 protection solutions now available across its new and existing vehicles.
Its semi-permanent and permanent solutions are designed to protect drivers and passengers by reducing the risk of transmission.
The range includes:
- Universal brackets and plates for hand sanitiser dispensers on ADL buses and Plaxton coaches
- Driver contact shield and cab rear partitions (where required) for retrofit to existing and new Plaxton Panther, Leopard, Elite, Elitei and Panorama coaches
- Coach passenger separation with retractable roller blinds mounted to luggage racking
- Driver contact shields for retrofit to existing Enviro200 and 400 buses without cab screens (available on the current MMC and previous generations)
- And Transport for London approved modifications to fully seal existing drivers’ cabs and fully sealed cabs for new vehicles.
These solutions are available to be purchased through the AD24 digital aftermarket platform and ADL’s hotline and sales teams.
Says UK Service Director at ADL Chris Waine: “The UK’s bus operating industry has shown tremendous resilience and ingenuity over the last months, adding temporary cab partitions and other distancing measures to vehicles overnight. As we now settle into a longer period of recovery, ADL has the semi-permanent and permanent solutions that can replace initial quick fixes to restore the journey experience as coaches and buses remain clean, safe and ready to go.”